Sunday, May 8, 2011

"Mohn" David, Part 2 of 2

Later during our stay with our friends, a song called "Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song)" by Amy Grant came on from one of their mixes (I put it on my playlist here - it's song 74).  I've loved that song on a deep level for as long as I can remember.  I have memories of laying on the living room floor in middle school, blasting it and singing at the top of my lungs...over and over.  (You're welcome, Mom and Dad!). 

I told Cheryl how the words "Do you wonder, as you watch my face, if a wiser one should have had my place" have always resonated with me...as have many other parts of that song.  The feeling of inadequacy - of being called to do something that feels way too big, way beyond you - really resonates with me.  Cheryl said that reminds her of a time when David (from the Bible) was so blessed by God, and he said "Who am I, O Lord God...that you have brought me this far?"  Not only was he blessed, but much was asked of him - the little brother, the shepherd who becomes a king.

Driving home, I was listening to Breath of Heaven and thinking of Mary and David - and about how God so oftentimes uses the least of these, when suddenly I started crying with the awareness that David is Timon's middle name.  It just hit me.  I wasn't thinking of Timon or of middle names - my mind was as far as possible from those things.  But tears just filled my eyes as I knew.

Timon David.


Timon's first lovie thanks to Aunt Heather, Uncle Buck, and Cousins!!
I am so grateful to the Father for the way that he continues to create a beautiful and lovely story for Timon - something that will remind him of the truth that God has always loved him and has a wonderful plan for him and never ever left him.  And about how he knew him even before he was conceived, even before he was born - and He knew whose belly he would be in and who would raise him...and that none of this was an accident.

We're crazy excited to meet little Timon!  (So are cousins and big brother).  Douglas calls him "Mohn."


Come join us, Timon David!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...