Friday, January 20, 2012

Cold and Sinus Adventures

I have a vicious sinus cold, compliments of Douglas, compliments of Mom's Day Out germs.  I took meds the last two nights to help me sleep because the night before that, I literally laid awake in bed all night silently reciting some version of the Niquil jingle -  "The sneezy, stuffy head, fever, headache, so you can rest medicine" - and thinking "why, WHY don't I keep Niquil on HAND in this house!?"  I'm not joking.  This is what I did all night.  I couldn't get the dang thing out of my head. 

I don't take medicine a ton because I somehow believe what I've read in natural medicine books that taking meds actually slows your body's healing because it dries out your nasal passages etc, etc.  And God knows, I don't want to be sick a day longer than I have to.  The fact that I rarely take meds combined with the fact that my body seems to be the most sensitive-to-drugs body on the entire planet means that, when I do take them, I'm usually in for quite a ride.

This morning, I dreamed that I was staying with a friend of a friend just outside of a beautiful city in Europe.  How I got there is a mystery because it started with a tragic love story where two lovers (neither of which were me, mind you) were forbidden to see each other by their families.  They saw each other again anyway, and just as they were trying to decide to do, in the center of town where they were standing, a bus pulled up that was one of those cheesy "travel Europe" buses.  They decided to jump on.  I remember in my dream thinking, "how are they going to pay for this?  How are they going to afford their lives in Europe?" 

Well, apparently I hopped on the tour bus, too, because suddenly I was Europe. 

I was staying at a friend of a friend's castle with my sister and brother-in-law.  Yes - castle.  So we're standing on top of this castle, on the roof as it were, and looking out over the beautiful landscape and city skyline.  Then somehow I was swept off the roof by a flying carpet.  And this was great fun until the wind picked up and took me way out away from the roof.  I yelled back to my sister that I didn't have my wallet or money or the address of where we were staying...our castle, you know.  I suddenly realized, while zooming around super high in the sky on a magic carpet, that I didn't have the means or the information to get me back to where we were staying or to the people I was with.  Thanks to some helpful winds and some mad carpet-flying skills, I managed to land back on the castle roof safe and sound.  Phew.

Imagine my surprise when I was awoken from my carpet-flying dream to a screaming baby in need of a bottle. 

Wow.  Helllllooooo cold medicine.  Nice to see you.

I decided that maybe this dream was trying to tell me that I'm worrying too much about logistical things in life (like how the lovers will pay for their runaway lifestyles and how I'll find my way back to the castle...while I'm flying on a magic carpet!!  Hello, missing the forest for the tree!).  Maybe I'm supposed to let go more and just receive what is happening in my life.  Sounds like a lesson I'm always in need of learning.  I do believe that life is always trying to point us back to Truth, so I guess cold medicine would count, too.  Just maybe.

I hope you have a stellar weekend.  The magic-carpet-flying kind.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...