Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Douglas Turns 2!!

Three days after his first day of school, Douglas turned 2!  I can't believe he's a two-year-old already.  Actually, some of his recent behavior does smack of 2, so I guess I'm starting to believe it!

Micah's parents flew in from PA to celebrate Dougie's birthday and meet Timon.  I wanted to do a Curious George party, which I thought would be super easy, but it turns out that that's apparently SO last year, so no party stores had any decorations!  Linda, Micah's mom, jumped in with all her craftiness (as did Micah and his dad, Doug) and we all whipped up a George party in no time!

Linda had had the amazing idea of having a bunch of our family members in PA color George pictures, so we hung those up all along the window.  Cousins Brendan and Logan came over for the celebration wearing Curious George colors and carrying their Curious George stuffed animals. I love this photo because look at their faces...they're like, "Ah, MAN! I totally want a Fireman George like his!"

In the morning, Micah and I serenaded him with Happy Birthday and a huge heart-shaped pumpkin muffin.  A long, long time ago my parents started the tradition in my family of waking us up on Christmas morning (or coming into our bedrooms where we were anxiously waiting for them!) singing We Wish You a Merry Christmas with a glass of delicious OJ (sometimes fresh squeezed) in their hand.  Micah and I carried some version of that over to birthdays without ever even thinking about it.  It just feels like the way you're supposed to wake up on your birthday, I guess!


Grammy and Papap gave Douglas a tool bench which he thinks is pretty badass. He's so cute - he uses it not as a TOY but as a part of his life. He never just plays with it. He'll be going about his business and randomly decide that the high chair needs to be fixed, so he'll whisper to himself, "screw driver" and go get his screw driver or drill and put it right where screws actually go (or at least could go) and work away. Once he's fixed whatever needed fixing, he puts the tool back and goes on his merry way.
It is so much fun seeing Douglas with his grandparents. He freaking LOVES those people! All four of them!  Sadly, none of them live here in town, but even if he hasn't seen one of them in 6 months, his face still lights up when he sees them or hears about them. The second they arrive, it's see-ya-later-Mommy and HELLO Grammy and Papap/Pops!


And so it begins. Our little boy, Curious George himself, is two years old.  Bring it on, Terrible Twos! Just kidding.  Totally kidding.  I'm actually kindof terrified of you, T2s - take it easy on me, will you?!  Seriously.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...